Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Heaven

A couple days ago I was enjoying a delicious Cookies 'N Cream Oreo cupcake that one of my friends had made when all of a sudden it came to me --- wouldn't it be super deliciously incredible if I took my favorite Oreo in the whole work aka Peanut Butter Oreos and put them inside a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting and then dusted the top with Oreo crumbs? 

Are you freaking out yet because I know I was. 

Behold. The results. 




Ingredients: 
Peanut Butter Oreos 
A box of chocolate cake mix

I was feeling pretty ambitious so I decided to make homemade frosting. (Yeah, I don't know what got into me either...) 

Here's the recipe I followed for the frosting: Peanut Butter Frosting
(Just FYI this frosting literally just tastes like extra sweet peanut butter. Part of me loves it and part of me wonders if I should have found a little lighter frosting recipe.) 

1 comment:

Aaron and Amanda said...

What??! This sounds soooo delicious. You should open a cupcake shop ASAP.

I'm happy to hear you received the invite for the bridal shower!!! I know. My sister called to tell me BYU graduation is that weekend. Of course I would LOVE to see you, but I TOTALLY understand if you're not able to be there!

xo xo