Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I genuinely believed today was going to be awful

For numerous reasons which I still believe could have easily ruined my day but every nasty, stressful thing was countered today by a kind word, a funny conversation or a piece of pumpkin pie fudge.

My negative self-talk got a beating from a professor today who was so happy with the improvement in my headlines he was almost giddy in his relief for me.

Later my creative writing teacher who previously had told me my stories were boring and that 'no one cares' surprised me by saying that I was a really good writer and he loved the flow of my writing. I was speechless. But I can't tell you how happy it made me. 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks.

Thanks to every person I interacted with today. Who told me I could do it. Who was willing to rant with me, offer help, make me laugh at my ridiculous attempts to find a new carrer, tell me a funny story or just let me know I'm not alone.

Thanks for remembering me, praying for me and genuinely caring. 

 

Posted via email from tayloranne

No comments: